Island Prep School Health and Safety Policies
At Island Prep, we strive to promote health and safety in a clean environment for our children. We research and explore our options when it comes to safe and healthy cleaning products made with essential oils rather than bleach which can cause respiratory and skin irritation. Our teachers take pride in their classrooms and keeping them clean, organized and as naturally germ free as possible. Our shoe free policy safeguards against tracking in unwanted pollutants, chemicals and pesticides as well as dirt and grime.
The safety of our students is of the utmost importance to us at Island Prep. We go to great lengths researching our equipment’s safety ratings, age specifications, chemical composition and durability. In an effort to ensure all children are under constant supervision we uphold and surpass the teacher to student ratio required by the state of Florida.
Security at Island Prep is a priority. We employ a keyless entry system at the door where each family has a specific key code. All children are checked in and out at two points each day and constant class counts are done by teachers throughout the day. Security drills are done monthly such as general safety drills, as well as fire and hurricane preparedness. Buttons are installed in each school office as well as portable medallions in the classrooms and on the playground should an emergency ensue.
Health and Wellness Policies
- Water Bottle Filling Stations
- Misting Fans on Playgrounds
- Large Shade Sails to Reduce the Heat on Playgrounds
- Bleach free environment, Healthier Alternative used in Schools
- Plants in every room to help minimize the formaldehyde, benzene and carbon monoxide from the air
- Follow CDC guidelines for the health of the students and staff, including infectious control and fever free 24 hours.
- Sign in Ipad
- Keypad Entry
- Monthly Safety Drills
- Cameras in Common Areas