Kindergarten is a new beginning at Island Prep
Our Kindergarten class sets the tone for our elementary program. At Island Prep we believe a great classroom comes from the heart. Built on a love for education, exciting and enjoyable learning environments and in helping students to feel like a part of our family making them feel safe and secure.
The Kindergarten focus on phonics instruction to accelerate reading skills are put at the forefront of lessons, as are tactile math instruction appropriately strategized for kindergarten ages. Our chosen curriculums are hand-picked to meet Florida standards with the flexibility to be intertwined with Island Prep’s unique way of teaching.
We believe it is very important for children to stay busy all day long, movement is key to active minds and bodies. Our children enjoy daily recess, PE class and an educational enrichment class.
We offer a speech and language pathologist for children who need additional assistance as well as having OT services available.
Highly qualified, experienced educators and a hybrid curriculum are the cornerstones of our education process. See below for several examples of curriculum
- Ready Math from Curriculum Associates
- Being a Reader, Being a Writer and Making Meaning from Collaborative Classroom
- National Geographic Science from National Geographic/ Cengage
- Reading Mastery by McGraw-Hill
- Handwriting Without Tears
Enrichment Classes that incorporate
- Sign Language
Physical Education (PE) that incorporates
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Cardiovascular health
Natural and Environmental Features:
- Paperless Tuition Payment and Newsletters
- Greenguard Certified Classroom Equipment
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products (no harsh chemicals)
- Shoe-Free Environment