Island Prep Kindergarten St Augustine
Our Kindergarten class sets the tone for our primary program offering enrichment programs such as music and art. Phonics instruction to accelerate reading skills are put at the forefront of lessons, as are tactile math instruction appropriately strategized for kindergarten ages. Our chosen curriculums are hand-picked to meet Florida standards with the flexibility to be intertwined with Island Prep’s unique way of teaching.
We believe it is very important for children to stay busy all day long, movement is key to active minds and bodies. Our children enjoy daily recess, PE class and an enrichment class. We offer a speech and language pathologist for children who need additional assistance. Each classroom has a private website showing event calendars for parents to stay up-to-date with classroom studies.
Highly qualified, experienced educators and a hybrid curriculum are the cornerstones of our education process. See below for several examples of curriculum
- Ready Math from Curriculum Associates
- Being a Reader, Being a Writer and Making Meaning from Collaborative Classroom
- National Geographic Science from National Geographic/ Cengage
- Reading Mastery by McGraw-Hill
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Sign Language
Physical Education (PE)
- Paperless Tuition Payment and Newsletters
- Greenguard Certified Classroom Equipment
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products (no harsh chemicals)
- Shoe-Free Environment