Our First grade Focuses on a Social and Emotional Education.
The social/emotional foundation in first grade is built around the importance of community and the student’s individual responsibility and place in that community. We approach all subjects (reading, writing, math, science and social studies) through a unique “systems thinking” lens, and children discover for themselves that any one thing is connected to everything else around them. Fostering a love for creativity and music, celebrating mistakes and their power to move us forward and teach us, and helping students find their active voice to give back to and be a spokesperson for their community, are all powerful objectives in this transitional and important learning year.
We offer speech and language pathology for children who need additional assistance as well as Occupational Therapy Services for children who have a need.
- Ready Math from Curriculum Associates
- Singapore Math
- Being a Reader, Being a Writer and Making Meaning from Collaborative Classroom
- National Geographic Science from National Geographic/ Cengage
- Reading Mastery by McGraw-Hill
Enrichment Classes that incorporate
- Sign Language
Physical Education (PE) that incorporates
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Cardiovascular health
Natural and Environmental features
- Paperless Tuition Payment and Newsletters
- Greenguard Certified Classroom Equipment
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products (no harsh chemicals)
- Shoe-Free Environment