Our First grade Focuses on Social and Emotional Education.
The social/emotional foundation in first grade is built around the importance of community and the student’s individual responsibility and place in that community. We approach all subjects (reading, writing, math, science, and social studies) through a unique “systems thinking” lens, and children discover for themselves that any one thing is connected to everything else around them. Fostering a love for creativity and music, celebrating mistakes and their power to move us forward and teach us, and helping students find their active voice to give back to and be a spokesperson for their community, are all-powerful objectives in this transitional and important learning year.
We offer speech and language pathology for children who need additional assistance as well as Occupational Therapy Services for children who have a need.
- Renaissance Program that incorporates Accelerated Reading to track student progress and monitor student growth.
- Being A Writer, Being A Reader, and Making Meaning Curriculum Programs
- Science, Technology, and Programming Skills
- Developmentally Appropriate Strategies for 1st Graders
- Curriculum-Based on the Florida Standards
- Daily Recess and P.E.
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Occupational Therapy
- Hands-on Science Lessons
- Daily Communication with Teachers using Bloomz App
- School Garden and Compost
Our Enrichment Program takes a thematic approach to the arts, sciences, technology, music, and much more. In a given week students will be found studying Vikings, their culture, geography, and environment of the Scandinavian region, the music they played, the artistry in their carved ships. Another week maybe the study of Peruvian tribes that live on islands made of reeds, students gathered cutting from the school grounds and made a science lesson to discover which plants would float the best when woven together.
Physical Education (PE) that incorporates
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Cardiovascular health
- Team sports
Natural and Environmental features
- Paperless Tuition Payment and Newsletters
- Greenguard Certified Classroom Equipment
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products (no harsh chemicals)