First grade focuses on a social and emotional education.
The social/emotional learning in first grade is built around the importance of community and the individual’s responsibility and place in that community. We approach all subjects (reading, writing, math, science and social studies) through a unique “systems thinking” lens, and children discover for themselves that any one thing is connected to everything else. Fostering a love for creativity and music, celebrating mistakes and their power to move us forward, and helping students find their activist voice to give back to their community, are all powerful objectives in this transitional and important learning year.
We offer a speech and language pathologist for children who need additional assistance as well as having OT services available.
- Ready Math from Curriculum Associates
- Singapore Math
- Being a Reader, Being a Writer and Making Meaning from Collaborative Classroom
- National Geographic Science from National Geographic/ Cengage
- Reading Mastery by McGraw-Hill
Enrichment Classes that incorporate
- Sign Language
Physical Education (PE) that incorporates
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Cardiovascular health
- Paperless Tuition Payment and Newsletters
- Greenguard Certified Classroom Equipment
- Outdoor Classroom and Garden
- Eco-friendly Cleaning Products (no harsh chemicals)
- Shoe-Free Environment